Karlit AB and its subsidiary Kadax AB went bankrupt in August 2012. Then an industrial epoch in Karlholm was concluded which began in 1729 with a blast furnace that was moved from Lövsta use by Charles de Geer. In 1880, the Lancashire vehicle came to the mill. In 1909, Karlholm received a sawmill that employed 200 men in high season. In 1938, the new table factory was completed and in the summer of 1980 KF left Karlit. During a 10-year period, the ownership of Karlit, from Swedish Match to Fiberinvest, changed to Svanboard, which was then converted to Rottneros Board and then Karlit also got that name. In 1992, Rottneros bankrupted all of its board and chipboard factories, but the management took over the company, which was again called Karlit. In 1995, Ikea entered as a 25% owner, builds a modern MDF line and becomes a full owner – but leaves 2004. But it doesn’t stay there. There was a box factory in the neighboring village of Sandby – it is now shut down. 37 people lost their jobs, several with only a primary school education.